I finally got around to working in the left apron. I think it is the last piece to be painted which is funny because the right apron was the first thing I painted to test the color.
I stripped the paint then made and welded on a missing bracket.
I started on the LEDification of the park and turn lights. Soldered up some LEDs, resistors, and wire to put into the shells that I started cleaning up. The media Blaster called in the middle for me to come pickup my hood. It is 108 out right now so I’m done for today.
It took at least a ½ an hour for each of the four bolts attaching bumper brackets to the bumper. Big wrenches, grinders, cut off wheels, and cold chisel to get er done. Next I used the strip wheel, wire brush, and sand blaster to clean them up and to clean the hood hinges. The brackets will be painted but I think the hinges look right as is.
Stripped the paint off the remaining inner fender and a few other small parts. Had about 5 inches of tears in two spots that had to be welded up, guess I picked the wrong one but all is good now.
The parts truck has been stripped of all the front sheet metal and brackets:
Still need to pull the hood but will need help for that.
Many of the brackets and front sheet metal has been stripped of rust and paint. Some is paint ready some will need to be worked.
Strip paint to bare metal
Find and weld cracks
Grind off and fill with body filler
Spray Epoxy primer
Spray filler primer
Call it a day
Well I started stripping the door and fender. I hit the big areas with the “paint eraser” and will ship them off to the media blaster to finish them off. Hopefully I save a few bucks by stripping the big areas since he charges by the hour and not by the piece.