A few things have been bothering me so it was time to solve the issues. The hood had two strips that did not shine out. I either did not sand enough or I over buffed with the power buffer. I was lean to the latter so I stripped the wax, and scuffed the clear coat and sprayed some more clear. So it will need to be resanded.
The two front fenders needed more sanding so I stripped the wax, sanded with 1000, 1200, & 1500, wool pad with cutting compound, foam pad with polishing compound and rewaxed. Did one with one to go.
I got the hood into 2k primer. Sanded it really smooth and flat then shot the primer. I’ll let it dry at least overnight and sand it one more time before paint. Each time I sand it the paper is smoother.
I block sanded the hood, body glaze low spots, and sprayed another coat of filler primer. All before noon as it is going to be another 105+ day.
It was over cast today a good day to roll it out and color sand the fenders. Turn out a dust storm blew through followed by rain but that is off track. Some where in the process I picked up some dirt and sanded some scratches into the clear coat. Very depressing. I didn’t get to the other fender due to the rain.
I painted the grill surround today. Single stage on the back and base coat clear coat on the front.
I block sanded the grill surround, sprayed another coat of filler primer, blocked sanded again, and 2k primed.