Final post

This is likely the final post of this project. The truck is done (more or less). After spending a week on getting the wipers to function, I think I got them to function  somewhat acceptability. I installed the glovebox liner the last thing on the shelf.. I sure a few more repairs will be required but on the whole done.

Advertisements

Wipers almost 

I bit the bullet and bought vacuum replacement motor. Don’t know why I didn’t do this in the first place. It fit in the stock location, uses the stock rods, and seems to work as one would want. Not the best instructions so it took all morning. It got too hot out, 114, or I’d be done. Just need to mount the switch, connect the wire and zip ties all the wires back up under the dash. Tomorrow.

Good Weekend

I had a pretty good weekend. Played tourist on Friday, went to a really nice car show on Saturday, got my gas leaks stopped, and the wipers wiping on Sunday. The wipers might be precarious but are moving at this writing. I really hope the gasoline leaks are all done but a last check; all is dry.

ssr

I was hoping to debut the “new” old truck but didn’t get there. Good thing I have a cool backup in the old trucks great grandson.