I worked on functional bling. I installed a row of LEDs under the dash and hook it to the headlight switch. Should light the cab nicely.
I also tried to install a spark plug wire loom but it hit the steering shaft so back to the store with that. That got me worrying about the spark plug that was very close to the shaft so I went to the parts store and got some shorty plugs. I picked up a good inch; I think that will take care of it.
I got the gauges installed today. The speedometer was a bit of a pain from wire obstructions. It will have to come out to calibrate it sometime in the future. I think I made the correct choice to style.
Worked on my gauge cluster today. Crimped, soldered, and hit shrinked the wires. I would have mounted it but I need to make a hardware run as usual.
I installed the temperature and oil pressure sending units so I can say I did something. A little research for best location and a quick twist of the wrench it’s done.
I know it don’t look like it from the photos but it is progress on the wires. Lots and lots of wires.
Had to change out this connector:
Worked on the wiring some more. Wired ignition switch and headlight switch. Got side tracked looking for a nut to mount the ignition switch, no luck at the local parts houses.
I finished wiring the front fenders (headlights, turn lights, parking lights). Also the fan wire is where it needs to be.