I installed the steering wheel today, as usual the instructions were lacking but at least it had instructions. I was testing it the steering locked into a turn, I though what did I do wrong? Turned out the set screw was way too long and caught the brake line. The solution was simple a trip to the hardware store.
I got paint on the bracket.
I went to the metal store and hit the scrap metal bin. Grabbed a couple pieces of metal and spent a whopping buck ten. Picked the one that looked like it will work the best and cut, ground, drilled, and primed it. Sanded off the paint off the frame, that hurt, and welded the bracket to the frame. Just need to paint it and install the steering wheel.
I painted the b side the other day so today it was time for the show side. Not perfect but good enough for under the hood.
I think I have the angles licked. Had to get a double joint which will require a brace to be fabricated but the frame and exhaust manifold are cleared.
My steering parts came and I started mocking up my steering shaft.
I think the wheel will look pretty sharp.
Thought I’d do the underside (unseen) of all the brackets. Likely to never be looked at again but important to keep things from rusting to last another 60 years. I’m sure it didn’t need to be green but why not.
White epoxy primer followed by green 2k paint.