Not much luck on my shopping trip, looks like time to hit a mail order house.
I did get the inner fender cut the same as the other one. Looking closer I think the previous owner had cut the Chevy inner fender, it is fine I would have had to do the same thing.
I got the grill in on the parts truck. Just need to get the GMC hood off, then I can sell it off.
Spent some more time putting the parts truck back together. I discovered a few differences between the GMC and Chevy inner fenders. The Chevy drivers side inner fender fits better than the GMC so that is the one I will strip. It will require a hole to be cut like the other side did. The one I painted will require some trimming. I will attempt to mirror the drivers side.
Grill is just set in place, I will need to pull some bolts and run them through the grill to.
Bare metal, Epoxy Primer, Single Stage Paint
Started on the last bunch of sheet metal to be painted. I did the passenger inner fender today; ok just the underside. I stripped the paint, both sides, and epoxy primed and painted the one side. Had one small tear to weld, a missing nut to weld, a small dent to straiten, and a big oval hole to cut to turn it from a Chevy inner fender to a GMC inner fender. Remaining sheet metal other side and the hood.
I pulled the running boards off the donor truck. The first one was a pain in the neck. The first two bolts, square bolts, I was able to get a socket wrench on them and broke them in half. Perfect. The other four bolts no luck with a wrench, lots of grinders, cutters, cold chisels, and time off it came.
On to the drivers side four broke right off, the other two came off like a real nut. Five minutes tops.
They seem to be in pretty good shape, one little rust area to fix by one of the brackets.
Ok not this one:
But this one, the parts truck, after I pull the hood and running boards. I put the bed on today.
I do have the front sheet metal and doors for it.
Started putting brackets and braces back on the cab. Did have to manufacture some bracketry.