I got the bottom of the cab floor into primer and paint today. It should be protected from rust starting. I need to get hustling on the rest of the cab but than again the rest will require more work as it will be seen.
I sanded the body filler I placed on the cab floor, body filler seems silly because it will be covered with carpet but why not. I also flipped the cab and started on the bottom. It is in really good shape, no body filler will be used here. Not sure where the rear mounts are, the ¾ ton Chevy cab had some type of bracket on each side and the GMC ½ ton has some sort of center attachment device. Neither seem to match the TCI frame, more research is needed.
I have the frame almost together. Did not get the rear sway bar installed due to lack of directions and lack of customer support from the frame vendor. Made three calls and never got a call back. I think one of the parts is the wrong size as well.
I spent the day at my buddies working on his teardrop trailer. He is coming over tomorrow so I did a quick touchup of what we damaged yesterday so we could finish putting the frame together.
My buddy and I spent a good eight hours installing two springs. It was hard work, lots of chipped paint, and not finished.
I put a light under the floor shining up and welded any holes that I could see. I also cut out the bad metal from the side foot board. Still lots of grinding and still have to weld the new metal in. Another day.
Did a little grinding on the welds between coats but most of the day was spent painting the frame parts.